By Stephen Ray,Dennis Walters
The Apostles' and Nicene Creeds are prayers such a lot Catholics take with no consideration. We pray them by means of rote after we say the rosary or visit Mass—often with no pondering or absolutely realizing what we are saying.
Providing you with this realizing is what The religion for Beginners is all approximately. it is a attention-grabbing romp throughout the background of the Creeds, heavily reading what we think and why—with references to Scripture, the Church Fathers, and Church councils.
You'll find out about heresies, persecutions, and theological disagreements that pressured the Church to extra rigorously outline our ideals and upload them to the Creeds. this is a few of what you will discover within the pages of The religion for Beginners:
- Where the be aware creed comes from and what it means
- Why the Catholic Church has a creed whereas many different religions do not and appear to get alongside simply high-quality with no them
- Four the most important features served through the Creed
- Why the Creed was once so very important to the construction of the Church
- Seven universal objections to the Creed—and how one can resolution every one one