By Gerald P. Mallon
Although the majority of LGBT people are fit, resilient, and hardy people who don't search social paintings intervention, a few were or may be consumers in social paintings corporations. The 3rd version of Social paintings perform with Lesbian, homosexual, Bisexual, and Transgender humans updates this vintage textual content and expands its scope to incorporate new content material on social paintings with older and more youthful LGBT humans. Written through a staff of hugely skilled specialists, this e-book presents an information base for perform that may higher arrange scholars and practitioners for operating sensitively, correctly, and successfully with LGBT contributors and teams.
Comprehensive and functional, this precise textual content discusses the pragmatic points of social paintings with lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, and transgender humans. it is going to enhance and strengthen powerfuble perform with LGBT individuals and their households in a number of settings. Chapters specialise in very important themes equivalent to:
- the profession’s center values and moral principles;
- social paintings and queer theory;
- LGBT and race—heterosexism, racism, and sexism;
- applying the lifestyles version and the stress-coping strategy;
- practice with bisexual, transgender, and gender non-conforming folks;
- relationship construction among lesbian partners;
- the influence of constructing kin for lesbian couples;
- internalized homophobia, heterocentrism, and homosexual id;
- group paintings perform with the LGBTQ community;
- clinical overview for households the place sexual orientation is an argument; and
- LGBT parenting.
There also are new chapters on social paintings with LGBT children and LGBT older people.
Complete with a hugely specific appendix of symbols, definitions, and phrases, Social paintings perform with Lesbian, homosexual, Bisexual, and Transgender People, third edition is a useful source for social employees and psychological health and wellbeing execs in addition to for college kids and educators in any respect degrees of experience.
Read or Download Social Work Practice with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Supplying a version for significant discussion among queer reviews and environmental reports, Robert Azzarello's ebook strains a queer-environmental lineage in American Romantic and post-Romantic literature. Azzarello demanding situations the idea that studying environmental literature is unsatisfying when it comes to aesthetics and proposes an figuring out of literary environmentalism that's wealthy in poetic complexity.
Karen Tracy examines the identity-work of judges and lawyers in nation very best courts as they debated the legality of present marriage legislation. Exchanges in kingdom appellate courts are juxtaposed with the controversy that happened among electorate and elected officers in legislative hearings contemplating no matter if to revise country marriage legislation.
This booklet offers various views on queer background, tradition, politics and existence in Wales. It addresses the queering of the Welsh language in examples from the 19th and twenty-first centuries, acquainting readers with such figures as Felicia Hemans, George Powell, and Edward Thomas; and it explores sorts of lesbian belonging, the chances of transgender Wales, the groups of queer Welsh tv and movie, and the numerous locations of the queer Welsh ‘home’.
Even though the majority of LGBT people are fit, resilient, and hardy people who don't search social paintings intervention, a few were or might be consumers in social paintings firms. The 3rd version of Social paintings perform with Lesbian, homosexual, Bisexual, and Transgender humans updates this vintage textual content and expands its scope to incorporate new content material on social paintings with older and more youthful LGBT humans.
- The American Isherwood
- Unequal Desires: Race and Erotic Capital in the Stripping Industry
- Mapping Desire:Geog Sexuality: Geographies of Sexualities
- I Am a Red Dress: Incantations on a Grandmother, a Mother, and a Daughter
- Nothing Personal: Chronicles of Chicago's LGBTQ Community, 1977-1997 (New Town Anthology Book 2)
Additional resources for Social Work Practice with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People