By Shinzen Young
for many years, the most attractive academics of our time has illuminated the numerous dimensions of awakening—but exclusively at his reside retreats and on audio recordings. Now, with The technological know-how of Enlightenment, Shinzen younger brings to readers an uncommonly lucid consultant to mindfulness meditation for the 1st time: the way it works and the way to exploit it to reinforce your cognitive capacities, your kindness and reference to the area, and the richness of your whole experiences.
As millions of his scholars and listeners will be certain, Shinzen is like no different instructor you’ve ever encountered. He merges clinical readability, a unprecedented grab of source-language teachings East and West, and a present for sparking perception via unforeseen analogies, illustrations, humor, and firsthand money owed that display the interior trip to be as wondrous as any geographical excursion. subscribe to him the following to explore:
- Universal insights spanning Buddhism, Christian and Jewish mysticism, shamanism, the yogas of India, and plenty of different paths
- How to start and navigate your individual meditation practice
- Concentration, clarity, and equanimity—the center catalysts of awakening
- Impermanence—its many facets and the way to paintings with them
- Experiencing the “wave” and “particle” natures of self
- Purification and clarification—how we digest psychological blockages and conduct via internal work
- Emerging neuroscience study, the way forward for enlightenment, and lots more and plenty more
For meditators of all degrees and beliefs—especially those that imagine they’ve heard it all—this many-faceted gem can be certain to shock, galvanize, remove darkness from, and inspire.
Read or Download The Science of Enlightenment: How Meditation Works PDF
Best buddhism books
The feminine Buddhist deity Tara is an item of devotional worship and meditative perform for Tibetan Buddhists all over the place, either female and male. She clears away fears, overpowers unfavorable feelings, and allows all beings to arrive enlightenment. She has exact resonance as a resource of girl non secular knowledge.
A desirable exploration of the query of even if the idea that of rebirth might be included right into a glossy, medical worldview. the web of Indra is a distinct examine that seeks to bridge the gulf among faith and technological know-how, pointing to the opportunity of a center manner, the place technology doesn't need to be rigidly materialistic and reductionistic, and faith can loose itself from the bondage of dogma.
Zen-Meister Ama Samy hat spannende eigene Antworten gefunden, vielleicht gerade weil er selbst zwischen allen Stühlen sitzt. Er ist Inder und wuchs in Burma auf. Seine Familie ist hinduistisch und sein Großvater struggle Schüler eines muslimischen Meisters. Er besuchte eine katholische Schule, wurde Jesuit und katholischer Priester und erhielt seine Autorisierung als erster und bislang einziger Zen-Lehrer in Indien von einem japanischen Roshi, der auch viele Christen aus aller Welt zu seinen Schülern zählte.
In its teachings, practices, and associations, Buddhism in its various Asian varieties has been--and maintains to be--centrally interested by demise and the useless. but unusually "death in Buddhism" has got little sustained scholarly consciousness. The Buddhist lifeless bargains the 1st comparative research of this subject around the significant Buddhist cultures of India, Sri Lanka, China, Japan, Tibet, and Burma.
- From Comrades to Bodhisattvas: Moral Dimensions of Lay Buddhist Practice in Contemporary China (Topics in Contemporary Buddhism)
- A Buddhist in the Classroom
- Rowdy Buddha: The First Sapiens (Neurotheology Series)
- Le japon, Croyances et rites (Mystique et Religions) (French Edition)
Additional resources for The Science of Enlightenment: How Meditation Works